GENERAC POWER SYSTEMS "TWO YEAR" LIMITED WARRANTY FOR QUIETSOURCE™
"PREPACKAGED EMERGENCY AUTOMATIC STANDBY GENERATORS"
For a period of two years from the date of original sale, Generac Power Systems, Inc. (Generac) warrants that its Quietsource gener-
ator will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the items and period set forth below. Generac will, at its option, repair
or replace any part which, upon examination, inspection and testing by Generac or an Authorized Warranty Service Dealer, is found
to be defective. Any equipment that the purchaser/owner claims to be defective must be examined by the nearest Authorized Warranty
Service Dealer. All transportation costs under the warranty, including return to the factory, are to be borne and prepaid by the pur-
chaser/owner. This warranty applies only to Generac Quietsource prepackaged emergency automatic standby generators sold and
rated for use in "Standby" applications.
YEARS ONE and TWO - 100% (one hundred percent) transferable coverage on Labor and Part(s) listed (proof of purchase and main-
tenance is required):
Engine - All Components
Alternator - All Components
Transfer System - All Components
All warranty expense allowances are subject to the conditions defined in Generac's Warranty Policies, Procedures and Flat Rate
• Quietsource generators that utilize non-Generac/Quietsouce replacement parts.
• Quietsource generators utilizing non-Generac/Quietsource automatic transfer switches.
• Repairs performed by individuals other than Guardian/Generac authorized dealers.
• Any Quietsource generators used as rental or trailer mounted applications.
• Air-cooled units used for prime power in place of existing utility power where utility power is present or in place of utility power where
utility power service does not normally exist.
• Costs of normal maintenance, adjustments, installation and start-up.
• Failures caused by any contaminated fuels, oils, coolants or lack of proper fluid amounts.
• Failures due, but not limited, to normal wear and tear, accident, misuse, abuse, negligence or improper installation. As with all
mechanical devices, the Generac engines need periodic part(s) service and replacement to perform well. This warranty will not
cover repair when normal use has exhausted the life of a part(s) or engine.
• Failures caused by any external cause or act of God, such as collision, theft, vandalism, riot or wars, nuclear holocaust, fire,
freezing, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, volcanic eruption, water or flood, tornado or hurricane.
• Damage related to rodent and/or insect infestation.
• Products that are modified or altered in a manner not authorized by Generac in writing.
• Any incidental, consequential or indirect damages caused by defects in materials or workmanship, or any delay in repair or
replacement of the defective part(s).
• Failure due to misapplication.
• Telephone, cellular phone, facsimile, internet access or other communication expenses.
• Living or travel expenses of person(s) performing service, except as specifically included within the terms of a specific unit warranty
• Expenses related to "customer instruction" or troubleshooting where no manufacturing defect is found.
• Rental equipment used while warranty repairs are being performed.
• Costs incurred for equipment used for removal and/or reinstallation of generator, (i.e.; cranes, hoists, lifts, etc.)
• Overnight freight costs for replacement part(s).
• Overtime labor.
• Starting batteries, fuses, light bulbs and engine fluids.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN PLACE OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SPECIFICALLY, GENERAC MAKES
NO OTHER WARRANTIES AS TO THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some states do not
allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
GENERAC'S ONLY LIABILITY SHALL BE THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PART(S) AS STATED ABOVE. IN NO EVENT
SHALL GENERAC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE A
DIRECT RESULT OF GENERAC'S NEGLIGENCE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential
damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You also have other rights from state to state.
Part No. 0E8565
Section 10 – Warranty
QUIETSOURCE™ Liquid-cooled 30 kW Generators
THIS WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE FOLLOWING:
P.O. BOX 297 • WHITEWATER, WI 53190
Revision E (10/06/04)
POWER SYSTEMS, INC.
Printed in U.S.A.