To set the system for fully automatic operation, pro-
ceed as follows:
• Check that load circuits are connected to the
utility power supply.
• Set the AUTO/OFF/MANUAL switch to its AUTO
• Set the generator main circuit breaker to its ON or
WEEKLY EXERCISE CYCLE
The engine control board will start and run the gen-
erator once every seven days for approximately 12
minutes. If utility should fail during this exercise
period, the engine control board will transfer the load
to the generator output and continue to run until util-
On the day, and at the time of day chosen for the gen-
erator to exercise, set the weekly exercise cycle as fol-
1. Place the AUTO/OFF/MANUAL switch in the
2. Press and hold the "Set Exercise" switch for three
seconds, then release.
At this time all five red LEDs will flash for approxi-
mately 10 seconds, then the engine will start and run
for it's 12 minute exercise period, then shut down.
The generator will now start and run each week at the
If DC power to the control board is lost, the weekly
exercise setting will be lost. This is indicated by all
five red LEDs continually flashing. In this state the
generator will still start and run in manual mode, or
automatically start and run if UTILITY is lost while in
Auto mode, but it will not perform a weekly exercise
If a failure occurs while running in this mode, the five
red LEDs will stop flashing, the individual fault LED
will turn on and the engine will shut down. Once the
AUTO/OFF/MANUAL switch has been switch to OFF ,
the individual fault LED will turn OFF and the five
red LEDs will begin flashing to show exercise has still
not been set.
Section 4 — Maintenance
QUIETSOURCE™ Liquid-cooled 30 kW Generators
MAINTENANCE PERFORMED BY
AUTHORIZED SERVICE FACILITIES
A. EVERY THREE MONTHS
1. Check battery state of charge and condition.
2. Inspect and test fuel system.
3. Check transfer switch.
4. Inspect exhaust system.
5. Check engine ignition system.
6. Check fan belts.
B. ONCE EVERY SIX MONTHS
1. Test Engine Safety Devices (low oil pressure, low
coolant level, high coolant temperature).
C. ONCE ANNUALLY
1. Test engine governor. Adjust or repair, if needed.
2. Clean, inspect generator.
3. Flush cooling system.
D. FIRST 100 OPERATING HOURS
1. Change engine oil and oil filter. (After initial
change, service engine oil and filter at 150 oper-
ating hours or 6 months, whichever comes first.)
2. Retorque cylinder head. (See Torque Specs,
3. Retorque intake and exhaust manifold. (See
Torque Specs, Section 1.13.)
E. EVERY 500 OPERATING HOURS
1. Service air cleaner.
2. Check starter.
3. Check engine DC alternator.
Figure 3.2 - "Set Exercise" Switch
Power Systems, Inc. 15