Adding special salt
To decalcify the water softener, it must be filled up
with special salt. Use only special salt suitable for
If you do not use 3in1 detergent, fill up with special
– Before using the dishwasher for the first time.
– When the control indicator for special salt is illumi-
nated on the control panel.
1. Open the door and remove the lower basket.
2. Screw open the lid on the salt dispenser by turning
3. Only when using the dishwasher for the first
Fill the salt dispenser with water.
4. Fill the dispenser with special salt; the capacity of
the dispenser is approx. 1.0-1.5 kg, depending on
the size of the grains. Do not overfill the dispenser.
If water overflows when filling up with special
salt, this is completely harmless.
5. Clean away any salt remnants from the dispenser
6. Screw the lid back on in a clockwise direction.
7. Run a dishwashing cycle after filling the salt
dispenser with special salt. This will wash away
salt water and salt crystals that have been spilt.
Depending on the size of the salt grains, it can
take several hours for the salt to dissolve in
the water and for the control indicator for spe-
cial salt to go out.