Adjusting the water softener
To prevent limescaling on the dishes and to the interior of the
dishwasher, the dishes must be washed with soft i.e. water
with low lime content.
This dishwasher is equipped with a water softener, where tap-
water which is harder then 4 °d (german degree) is descaled
with special salt.
Adjust the water softener according to the table below for the
water hardness level for your area.
Water hardness level
18 - 24
12 - 18
4 - 12
In the following settings the dishwasher must be switched off and all programmes completed.
See chapter "Using the appliance" for information on how to complete the programme.
1. Press the On/Off button.
2. Press the combination buttons simultaneously
and hold them pressed in. When the ﬁrst three
programme indicator lamps starts to ﬂash, you
can let go of the buttons.
3. Press the water softener button once. The lamps
for the water softener and for the ended pro-
gramme cycle starts to ﬂash.
- The number of ﬂashes for the ended programme
cycle are equivalent with the set water hardness
- This sequence of ﬂashes is repeated several
times after a few seconds pause.
4. The water hardness level is raised by 1 step
every time you press the water softener button.
After hardness level 5 comes hardness level 1.
5. Press the On/Off button when the required water
hardness level is selected. This saves the selection.
If the setting 1 is chosen, the salt indicator lamp
is not lit.
1) german degree of measurement for the water
2) millimol, internationel unit for water hardness
*) factory setting
3,2 - 4,2
2,1 - 3,2
0,7 - 2,1
- 7 -
Contact your local Water Authority to ﬁnd the
exact water hardness level for your area.
The water softener has 5 settings:
Setting on the
no salt is needed