Connection using flexible non metal pipes
When the connection can be easily inspected in its full extent, there is the chance to use a flexible pipe
according to the rules in force. The flexible pipe must be tightly fixed using clamps according to the rules
Always insert the gasket «B». Then proceed with the gas connection. The flexible pipe should be
made ready for use in such a way that:
- nowhere it can reach overtemperature, other than room temperature, higher than 30°C; if the
flexible pipe, to reach the cock, must run behind the range, it must be installed as shown in Fig. 3;
- it is no longer than 1500 mm;
- it shows no throttles;
- it is not subject to traction or torsion;
- it doesn't get in touch with cutting edges or corners;
-it can be easily inspected in order to check its condition.
The control of preservation of the flexible pipe consistsin checking that:
- it doesn't show cracks, cuts, marks of burnings bothon the end parts and on its full extent;
- the material is not hardened, but shows its normal
- the fastening clamps are not rusted;
- expiry term is not due.
If one or more abnormalities are seen, do not repair the
pipe, but replace it.
It is important to install the elbow correctly, with the
shoulder on the end of the thread, fitted to the hob
Failure to ensure the correct assembly will cause
leakage of gas.
Once installation is complete, check the perfectseal
of every pipe fitting, using a soapy solution, never
A) Ramp with ending nut
C) Adjustable connection