The device prompts you to insert the SIM card.
Ensure that the SIM or USIM card is installed
Your device does not show a signal (no bars
next to the network icon)
• If you just turned on the device, wait about 2
minutes for your device to find the network and
receive a signal.
• You may not be able to receive a signal in tunnels
or elevators. Move to an open area.
• You may be between service areas. You should
receive a signal when you enter a service area.
You forgot a PIN or PUK
If you forget or lose a PIN or PUK supplied with your
SIM or USIM card, contact the seller or your service
Your display shows white lines
The display may show white lines if you have turned
the device on after a long period of disuse or if you
removed the battery without first turning off the
device. The display should correct itself in a short
You enter a number, but the call is not dialled
• Ensure that you have pressed [
• Ensure that you have accessed the right cellular
• Ensure that you have not set call barring for the
You select a contact to call, but the call is not
• Ensure that the correct number is stored in the
• Re-enter and save the number, if necessary.