The following illustration shows the components of the charger hardware.
1 The power jack is where the AC adapter is connected.
2 The power indicator turns green (on) when you connect the AC adapter to
3 The connector is for connecting the battery to the charger. The battery
status indicators 4 , 5 show the charging status of the battery when
connected to the charge connector 3 .
The indicators behavior is as follows:
4 Charging indicator
– Fast Blinking Orange: The battery has less than 5% charge.
– Slow Blinking Orange: The battery has between 5% and 20% charge.
– Slow Blinking Green:The battery has greater than 20% charge.
– Solid Green:The battery has greater than 80% charge.
5 Full Charge Indicator
– Off: Less than 100% charge.
– On: Fully charged 100%
Using the charger option
To connect the charger option to the battery pack, do the following:
1. Connect the AC adapter for your ThinkPad computer to the power jack on
2. Place the connector of the charger on to the battery connector as shown.
External Battery Charger: User's Guide