Printing pictures from a PC
Connecting a PC to the printer
Use a commercially available USB cable (A-B type, less than 3m (9.8 ft.)).
Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the PC, and then plug the other
end into the USB connector on the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer.
• When this printer is connected both to a PC and a PictBridge-compatible digital camera, it assigns higher priority to the
digital camera. Disconnect the digital camera.
• This printer's performance is not guaranteed in a network environment.
• This printer's performance is not guaranteed when connected to a USB hub.
In your application, display and select the pictures to be printed.
On the print screen, select [CP-D2E] from the available printer list.
[Print] operations and printer selection vary depending on the application. Refer to the manual supplied with your
On the print setting screen, check the properties, and then start printing.
For details, refer to "Setting the print properties" (gpage 29).
• Printing will stop if you unplug the power cord during printing. The paper should be automatically ejected when you turn
on the printer again. If it is not, refer to "When paper is jammed" (gpage 36).
• Do not open the ribbon cartridge door or remove the paper-cassette during printing.
• Do not move the printer during printing.
• Do not turn off the printer or PC, or disconnect the AC adapter during printing. If you inadvertently turn off the printer or
disconnect the AC adapter, turn on the printer and then try printing again. If you leave the printer as is, a failure might