Side Panel/Pedestal Cover
Side Panel Removal
Side Panel Replacement
The Modular Chassis pedestal configuration incorporates side
panels for the various system enclosures (including the XR900
chassis) and a pedestal cover. The inner surfaces of the panels and
cover are molded with slots that engage slide hooks mounted on
the corresponding enclosure. In addition, the side panels are fitted
with latching mechanisms.
The suggested procedure for removal and replacement of XR900
side panel assemblies is as follows:
1. Remove the front bezel.
2. Unlock the side panel assembly (Figure 5-2) by squeezing the
inner latch levers at the forward edge with one hand and
simultaneously slide the assembly backward approximately
an inch until it clears the slide hooks on the chassis.
Hand clearance in the latch area is limited. Work
carefully to avoid injury to fingers.
3. Lift the assembly off the chassis.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 at the opposite side of the chassis.
1. Engage the slots of the panel assembly with the slide hooks
on the enclosure and slide the panel assembly forward until
the latch snaps into place.
2. Repeat step 1 at the opposite side of the chassis.
3. Reinstall the front bezel.