• Use either liquid or granular laundry detergent. For
best results, be sure detergent is added to the
washer BEFORE the load and be sure the wash
water is above 60
• Use the correct amount of detergent for the load size,
soil level and water conditions. Use more detergent if
you have hard water and very soiled loads.
If you have soft water or a lightly soiled load, use less
detergent. (See manufacturer's instructions.)
• Wipe up any detergent spills on the washer.
• For best results add the detergent to the washtub
before adding the load.
• Put dry, unfolded clothes loosely in the tub, up to the
top row of holes for a maximum load.
• Do not wrap large items like sheets around the
• Mix large and small items for best circulation. Wash
bulky items like blankets separately.
• When laundering wrinkle free items or items of
delicate construction, washable woolens or loosely
knit items, never use less than the MEDIUM water
level setting. This will minimize shrinkage, wrinkling
and pulling of seams.
• Close lid carefully to avoid slamming.
• During the spin, it is possible for the load to become
unevenly distributed in the tub. If this happens, push
in the control knob, open the lid, redistribute the
load, close the lid and pull out the control knob. The
spin will resume at the point it was interrupted.
• The washer will pause briefly throughout each cycle.
These pauses are normal.
• This washer is designed so that it will not agitate or
spin when the lid is open. It will, however, fill with the
lid open so water is available for pretreating stains or
diluting fabric softener.
• If you open the lid during a spin cycle, the washer
will stop. When the lid is closed and the control dial
pulled out, the washer will continue the cycle at the
point it was interrupted.
All manuals and user guides at all-guides.com
©2005 Maytag Services