Connecting the Units
When this unit is installed in a vehicle without
ACC (accessory) position on the ignition switch,
red cable must be wired to the terminal that can
detect the operation of the ignition key.
Otherwise, battery drain may result.
Use this unit in other than the following condi-
tions could result in fire or malfunction.
- Vehicles with a 12-volt battery and negative
- Speakers with 50 W (output value) and 4 ohm
to 8 ohm (impedance value).
To prevent short-circuit, overheating or malfunc-
tion, be sure to follow the directions below.
- Disconnect the negative terminal of the bat-
tery before installation.
- Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhe-
sive tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhe-
sive tape around them where they lie against
- Place all cables away from moving parts,
such as gear shift and seat rails.
- Place all cables away from hot places, such as
near the heater outlet.
- Do not pass the yellow cable through a hole
into the engine compartment to connect to a
- Cover any disconnected cable connectors
with insulating tape.
- Do not shorten any cables.
- Never cut the insulation of the power cable of
this unit in order to share the power to other
equipment. Current capacity of the cable is
- Use a fuse of the rating prescribed.
- Never wire the speaker negative cable direct-
ly to ground.
- Never band together multiple speaker's nega-
No ACC position