3. Insert the wheel axle from the right
4. Install the washer and axle nut,
and then tighten the axle nut to the
40 Nm (4.0 m·kgf, 29 ft·lbf)
5. Connect the brake cable at the
wheel hub, and then install the
brake lever free play adjusting nut.
6. Adjust the brake lever free play.
(See page 7-14.)
7. Take the motorcycle off the center-
stand so that the front wheel is on
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE AND ADJUSTMENT
8. Push down hard on the handlebar
several times to check for proper
To remove the rear wheel
To avoid injury, securely support the
vehicle so there is no danger of it
1. Place the motorcycle on the cen-
2. Remove the seat. (See page 4-7.)
3. Remove the muffler bolt and wash-
ers. WARNING! Always let the
exhaust system cool prior to
touching exhaust components.
4. Slide the spring clamp down, and
then remove the muffler.