CLEANING AND STORAGE
If your machine is to be stored for 60 days or
more, some preventive measures must be taken
machine thoroughly, prepare it for storage as fol-
1. Drain the fuel tank, fuel lines, and the carbu-
retor float bowl.
2. Remove the spark plug, pour a tablespoon
of SAE 10W-30 motor oil in the spark plug
hole, and reinstall the plug. With the engine
stop switch pushed in, kick the engine over
several times to coat the cylinder walls with
3. Remove the drive chain, clean it thoroughly
with solvent, and lubricate it. Reinstall the
chain or store it in a plastic bag tied to the
4. Lubricate all control cables.
5. Block the frame up to raise the wheels off
6. Tie a plastic bag over the exhaust pipe out-
let to prevent moisture from entering.
7. If the machine is to be stored in a humid or
salt-air environment, coat all exposed metal
surfaces with a film of light oil. Do not apply
oil to rubber parts or the seat cover.
Make any necessary repairs before the machine