Warning and Safety instructions
Before setting up the appliance,
check it for any externally visible
damage. Do not install and use a
It could be dangerous.
If the connection cable is faulty it
must only be replaced by a service
technician authorised by the
manufacturer to protect the user from
This appliance contains the coolant
Isobutane (R600a), a natural gas which
is environmentally friendly. Although it
is flammable, it does not damage the
ozone layer and does not increase the
greenhouse effect. The use of this
coolant has, however, led to a slight
increase in the noise level of the
appliance. In addition to the noise of
the compressor, you might be able to
hear the coolant flowing around the
system. This is unavoidable, but does
not have any adverse effect on the
performance of the appliance.
Care must be taken during the
transportation and installation of the
appliance that no parts of the cooling
system are damaged. Leaking coolant
can damage the eyes.
In the event of any damage:
- avoid open flames and anything which
creates a spark,
- disconnect from the mains,
- air the room in which the appliance is
located for several minutes and
- contact the Service Department for
The more coolant there is in an
appliance, the larger the room it should
be installed in. In the event of a
leakage, if the appliance is in a small
room, there is the danger of
combustible gases building up.
For every 8 g of coolant at least 1 m
room space is required. The amount of
coolant in the appliance is stated on the
data plate inside the appliance.
Safe operation of the appliance is
only assured if it has been installed and
connected in accordance with these
operating and installation instructions.
Before connecting the appliance to
the mains supply, make sure that the
connection data on the data plate
corresponds to the voltage and
frequency of the household supply.
This data must correspond in order to
avoid the risk of damage to the
appliance. Consult a qualified
electrician if in any doubt.
Do not connect the appliance to the
mains electricity supply by a
multi-socket adapter or an extension
lead. These do not guarantee the
required safety of the appliance (e.g.
danger of overheating).