Using HP Library & Tape Tools (library and drive firmware)
2. From the Firmware Revisions menu, use [More] to view the drive firmware
You can also check your current firmware revisions from the remote
1. Enter the designated IP address into the web browser to launch the Web-
Based Library Administrator pages. (See
on page 96.)
2. Select the [Report] tab.
3. Scroll down to the Firmware Revisions section of the page to view your
library and drive firmware revisions.
Ensure that your backup software does not "SCSI reserve" the
library, as this can prevent a firmware download.
You can download library and drive firmware using the HP Library & Tape
Tools diagnostic utility. This utility may already be installed on your host. If not,
you can download it from http://www.hp.com/support/TapeTools.
Online help and instructions are included with HP Library & Tape Tools. The
firmware download procedure involves these simple steps:
1. Run the HP Library & Tape Tools utility.
2. Generate a support ticket for the library.
3. If prompted to download new firmware from the website, select [Yes],
otherwise, select [Get Firmware from Web] under the File menu.
4. Click on the firmware revisions for the library and drive that you would like
to download firmware to, and then click the [Download] button. The
firmware file(s) will be copied into the firmware folder of the HP Library &
Tape Tools utility.
5. Close the firmware window.
6. Select the library in the [By Product] device list tab, and then select the
[Firmware] button. The latest revisions available for the library and drive
will automatically be selected.
Select Start Update to update the firmware for the library and/or drive.
Using the Remote Management
Upgrading Firmware 177