All of the procedures in this manual are organized in a sequential, step-by-step format. The informa-
tion has been complied to provide the mechanic with an easy to read, handy reference that contains
comprehensive explanations of all disassembly, repair, assembly, and inspection operations.
In this revised format, the condition of a faulty component will precede an arrow symbol and the
course of action required will follow the symbol, e.g.,
Pitting/damage → Replace.
HOW TO READ DESCRIPTIONS
To help identify parts and clarify procedure steps, there are exploded diagrams at the start of each
removal and disassembly section.
1. An easy-to-see exploded diagram 1 is provided for removal and disassembly jobs.
2. Numbers 2 are given in the order of the jobs in the exploded diagram. A number that is
enclosed by a circle indicates a disassembly step.
3. An explanation of jobs and notes is presented in an easy-to-read way by the use of symbol
marks 3. The meanings of the symbol marks are given on the next page.
4. A job instruction chart 4 accompanies the exploded diagram, providing the order of jobs, names
of parts, notes in jobs, etc.
5. Extent of removal 5 is provided in the job instruction chart to save the trouble of an unneces-
sary removal job.
6. For jobs requiring more information, the step-by-step format supplements 6 are given in addi-
tion to the exploded diagram and job instruction chart.