The status bar
variety of information about the SAN and the application. The icons on the status bar change to
reflect different information, such as the current status of products, fabrics, and backup.
The icons on your status bar will vary based on the licensed features on your system.
1. Connection Status. Displays the Server-Client connection status.
2. Port Status. Displays port status for the following ports: SNMP, Syslog, FTP, and Web Server.
3. Product Status. Displays the status of the most degraded device in the SAN. For example, if all
4. Fabric Status. Displays the state of the fabric that is least operational, based on ISL status. The
5. Call-Home Status. (Enterprise edition only) Displays a call home status icon when one or more
6. Backup Status. Displays a backup status icon, which allows you to determine the current
8. Total Users. Displays the number of clients logged into the server.
9. User's ID. Displays the user ID of the logged in user.
8) displays at the bottom of the main window. The status bar provides a
devices are operational except one (which is degraded), the Product Status displays as
degraded. Click this icon to open the Product Status Log.
possible states are: operational, unknown, degraded or failed. Select a product or fabric from
the Connectivity Map or Product List and click this icon to open the related Fabric Log (only
available for persisted fabrics).
fabrics are discovered, which allows you to determine the current call home status. For more
information about Advanced Call Home status and icons, refer to
on page 117.
backup status. Let the pointer pause on the backup status icon to display the following
information in a tooltip.
Backup in Progress icon. Backup started at hh:mm:ss, in progress... XX files in
Directory_Name are backed up.
Countdown to Next Scheduled Backup icon. Waiting for next backup to start.
Backup Disabled icon. Backup is disabled.
Backup Failed icon. Backup failed at hh:mm:ss mm/dd/yyyy.
Server Name. Displays the name of the Server to which you are connected.
"Viewing Call Home status"
DCFM Enterprise User Manual