Traveling with the System ..........................18 Cleaning the Device ............................18 Cleaning or Replacing the Filters ........................18 Cleaning the Tubing ..............................18 Service ..................................18 Specifications ................................19 Disposal ..................................21 How to Contact Philips Respironics .......................21 EMC Information ..............................22 Limited Warranty ........................... Back Page User Manual...
• When using oxygen with this system, a Philips Respironics Pressure Valve must be placed in-line with the patient circuit between the device and the oxygen source. The pressure valve helps prevent the backflow of oxygen from the patient circuit into the device when the unit is off.
• When DC power is obtained from a vehicle battery, the device should not be used while the vehicle’s engine is running. Damage to the device may occur. • Only use a Philips Respironics DC Power Cord and Battery Adapter Cable. Use of any other system may cause damage to the device.
Symbol Key The following symbols may appear on the device and power supply: ymbol efinition Consult accompanying instructions for use. AC Power DC Power IP22 Drip Proof Equipment Caution, consult accompanying documents. ESD Warning symbol Class II (Double Insulated) Type BF Applied Part For Indoor Use Only.
Air Outlet Port Connect the 15 or 22 mm Philips Respironics flexible tubing here. (conical, 22 mm) Note: Heated Tubing should only be connected to the Air Outlet Port of the compatible System One Heated Humidifier and not to the Air Outlet Port of the therapy device.
Control Buttons LCD Display Screen Humidifier Icon & Number Settings Control Wheel/Push Button Ramp Button This figure shows the primary control buttons on the device, described in the following table. eature escription Display Screen Shows therapy settings, patient data, and other messages. The startup screen is shown temporarily when the unit is first powered.
To connect your breathing circuit to the device, complete the following steps: 1. Connect the flexible tubing to the air outlet on the side of the device. Note: Make sure the Tubing type setting (15 or 22) matches the tubing you are using (Philips Respironics 15 or 22 mm tubing).
Complete the following steps to operate the device using AC power: 1. Plug the socket end of the AC power cord (included) into the power supply (also included). IMPORTANT: When you are using Heated Tubing with the compatible System One Heated Humidifier, you must use the 80W power supply.
Ramp Feature The device is equipped with an optional ramp feature that your home care provider can enable or disable. This feature reduces the air pressure when you are trying to fall asleep and then gradually increases (ramps) the pressure until your prescription setting is reached, allowing you to fall asleep more comfortably.
Setup Screen From the Home screen, highlight “Setup” and press the wheel. The following Setup screen will appear. You can change settings in the Setup menu. All settings are shown here. Your display may vary based on device settings. Back Flex 1 2 3 Heated Tube humidification...
• Tubing Type - This setting allows you to select the correct size diameter tubing that you are using with the device. You can choose either (22) for the Philips Respironics 22 mm tubing, or (15) for the Philips Respironics 15 mm tubing.
• Status - This displays information sent from a peripheral (SD card , modem , etc.). If two peripherals are attached, two lines will appear with corresponding icons. Note: This will not display if no peripherals are being used. • Phone-in - This screen displays the total therapy hours for the device, the total blower hours, and the total number of days used when the sessions were greater than 4 hours since the device was last reset by the home care provider.
Device Alerts • High Priority: These alerts require immediate operator response. The alert signal consists of a high priority sound, which is a continuous two-beep pattern (indicated in the following table as: • • • •). Additionally, the backlights on the buttons will provide a high priority flashing pattern consisting of a continuous, bright-to-off, two-flash pattern (indicated in the following table as: ◊◊...
lert uDible isual eVice ction ossible atient ction nDicator ause nDicator Heated Tube Error none Humidifier LED Alert present for Tubing may be Alert is present for 30 seconds or icon will slowly 30 seconds or until overheating or until the condition is fixed. Turn off flash orange for condition is fixed.
lert uDible isual eVice ction ossible atient ction nDicator ause nDicator • • ◊ ◊ SD Card: Corrupt Alert present until A problem Choose “yes” to reformat action is taken. exists with the the card. Screen displays Screen displays SD card. The “Reformatting...
Make sure the Tubing type setting (22 or 15) matches the tubing that you are using feels too high or too setting may be (Philips Respironics 22 or 15 mm tubing). low. incorrect. If you are using the Heated Tubing, this setting will be 15H and you cannot change it.
• Oxygen supports combustion. Oxygen should not be used while smoking or in the presence of an open flame. • When using oxygen with this system, a Philips Respironics Pressure Valve must be placed in-line with the patient circuit between the device and the oxygen source. The pressure valve helps prevent the backflow of oxygen from the patient circuit into the device when the unit is off.
4. Wash the gray foam filter in warm water with a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly to remove all detergent residue. Allow the filter to air dry completely before reinstalling it. If the foam filter is torn, replace it. (Only Philips Respironics-supplied filters should be used as replacement filters.)
Specifications Environmental Operating Temperature: 5° to 35° C (41° to 95° F) Storage Temperature: -20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F) Relative Humidity (operating & storage): 15 to 95% (non-condensing) Atmospheric Pressure: 101 to 77 kPa (0 - 2286 m / 0 - 7500 ft) Physical Dimensions: 18 x 14 x 10 cm (7”...
Pressure Accuracy Pressure Increments: 4.0 to 20.0 cm H O (in 0.5 cm H O increments) Pressure Stability: Static Dynamic Dynamic < 10 cm H ≥ 10.0 to 20 cm H Device ± 0.5 cm H ≤ 0.5 cm H ≤...
How to Contact Philips Respironics To have your device serviced, contact your home care provider. If you need to contact Philips Respironics directly, call the Philips Respironics Customer Service department at 1-800-345-6443 or 1-724-387-4000. You can also use the following address: Respironics, Inc.
EMC Information Guidance and Manufacturer’s Declaration - Electromagnetic Emissions – This device is intended for use in the electromagnetic environment specified below. The user of this device should make sure it is used in such an environment. miSSionS ompliance lectromagnetic nvironment uiDance RF emissions...
Guidance and Manufacturer’s Declaration - Electromagnetic Immunity – This device is intended for use in the electromagnetic environment specified below. The user of this device should make sure it is used in such an environment. iec 60601 t mmunity evel ompliance evel lectromagnetic...
Recommended Separation Distances between Portable and Mobile RF Communications Equipment and This Device: The device is intended for use in an electromagnetic environment in which radiated RF disturbances are controlled. The customer or the user of this device can help prevent electromagnetic interference by maintaining a minimum distance between portable and mobile RF communications equipment (transmitters) and this device as recommended below, according to the maximum output power of the communications equipment.
Limited Warranty Respironics, Inc. warrants that the system shall be free from defects of workmanship and materials and will perform in accordance with the product specifications for a period of two (2) years from the date of sale by Respironics, Inc. to the dealer.
1095630 1095396 R00 JR 3/30/2012 EN-DOM...