installing the air Filters
CauTion: A properly installed, undamaged gray foam filter is required for proper operation.
The device uses a gray foam filter that is washable and reusable, and an optional white ultra-fine filter that is disposable.
The reusable filter screens out normal household dust and pollens, while the ultra-fine filter provides more complete
filtration of very fine particles.
The reusable gray foam filter and the optional disposable ultra-fine filter are supplied with the device. If your filters
are not already installed when you receive your device, you must at least install the reusable gray foam filter before
using the device. To install the filter(s):
1. If you are using the white disposable ultra-fine filter, insert it into the filter area first, mesh-side facing in, towards the device.
2. Insert the required gray foam filter into the filter area after the ultra-fine filter.
note: If you are not using the white disposable filter, simply insert the gray foam filter into the filter area.
Connecting the Breathing Circuit
To use the system, you will need the following accessories in order to assemble the recommended circuit:
• Respironics interface (nasal mask or full face mask) with integrated exhalation port or entrainment valve, or
Respironics interface with a separate exhalation device (such as the Whisper Swivel II)
• Respironics 22 mm flexible tubing, 1.83 m (6 ft.) (or optional Respironics 15 mm tubing)
• Respironics headgear (for the mask)
WaRninG: If the device is used by multiple persons (such as rental devices), a low-resistance, main flow bacteria filter
should be installed in-line between the device and the circuit tubing to prevent contamination.
To connect your breathing circuit to the device, complete the following steps:
1. Connect the flexible tubing to the air outlet on the side of the device. If you are using the optional Respironics 15 mm
tubing, the device tubing type setting must be set to 15. If your device does not have the tubing type setting, you must use
the Respironics 22 mm tubing.
note: If required, connect a bacteria filter to the device air outlet, and then connect the flexible tubing to the
outlet of the bacteria filter.
CauTion: When using the bacteria filter, the device performance may be affected. However, the device will
remain functional and deliver therapy.
2. Connect the tubing to the mask. Refer to the instructions that came with your mask.
3. Attach the headgear to the mask if necessary. Refer to the instructions that came with your headgear.
Where to Place the Device
Place the device on a firm, flat surface somewhere within easy reach of where you will use it at a level lower than your
sleeping position. Make sure the filter area on the back of the device is not blocked by bedding, curtains, or other items.
Air must flow freely around the device for the system to work properly. Make sure the device is away from any heating
or cooling equipment (e.g., forced air vents, radiators, air conditioners).
CauTion: Do not place the device directly onto carpet, fabric, or other flammable materials.
CauTion: Do not place the device in or on any container that can collect or hold water.
Supplying aC Power to the Device
iMPoRTanT: If you are using your device with a humidifier, refer to the instructions included with your
humidifier for details on how to power the device and humidifier.
Complete the following steps to operate the device using AC power:
1. Plug the socket end of the AC power cord (included) into the power supply (also included).
2. Plug the pronged end of the AC power cord into an electrical outlet that is not controlled by a wall switch.
3. Plug the power supply cord's connector into the power inlet on the back of the device.
4. Ensure that all connections are secure.
iMPoRTanT: To remove AC power, disconnect the power supply cord from the electrical outlet.
WaRninG: Periodically inspect electrical cords and cables for damage or signs of wear. Discontinue use and
replace if damaged.
CauTion: Do not use extension cords with this device.