• Before operating the device, ensure that the SD card cover is replaced whenever any of the accessories such as the Link Module
or Modem are not installed. Refer to the instructions that came with your accessory.
• Condensation may damage the device. If this device has been exposed to either very hot or very cold temperatures, allow it to
adjust to room temperature (operating temperature) before starting therapy. Do not operate the device outside of the operating
temperature range shown in the Specifications.
• Do not use the device in the presence of a flammable anaesthetic mixture in combination with oxygen or air, or in the presence of nitrous oxide.
• Do not use extension cords with this device.
• Do not place the device directly onto carpet, fabric, or other flammable materials.
• Do not place the device in or on any container that can collect or hold water.
• A properly installed, undamaged reusable foam inlet filter is required for proper operation.
• Tobacco smoke may cause tar build-up within the device, which may result in the device malfunctioning.
• Dirty inlet filters may cause high operating temperatures that may affect device performance. Regularly examine the inlet filters as
needed for integrity and cleanliness.
• Never install a wet filter into the device. You must ensure sufficient drying time for the cleaned filter.
• When using the bacteria filter, the device performance may be affected. However, the device will remain functional and deliver therapy.
• When DC power is obtained from a vehicle battery, the device should not be used while the vehicle's engine is running. Damage
to the device may occur.
• Only use a Respironics DC Power Cord and Battery Adapter Cable. Use of any other system may cause damage to the device.
• Repairs and adjustments must be performed by Respironics-authorized service personnel only. Unauthorized service could cause
injury, invalidate the warranty, or result in costly damage.
The device should not be used if you have severe respiratory failure without a spontaneous respiratory drive.
If any of the following conditions apply to you, consult your physician before using the device:
• Inability to maintain an open airway or adequately clear secretions
• At risk for aspiration of gastric contents
• Diagnosed with acute sinusitis or otitis media
• Allergy or hypersensitivity to the mask materials where the risk from allergic reaction outweighs the benefit of ventilatory assistance
• Epistaxis, causing pulmonary aspiration of blood
• Immediately report any unusual chest discomfort, shortness of breath, or severe headache.
• If skin irritation or breakdown develops from the use of the mask, refer to the mask instructions for appropriate action.
• The following are potential side effects of noninvasive positive pressure therapy:
• Ear discomfort
• Skin abrasions due to noninvasive interfaces
• Gastric distention (aerophagia)
• Contact your health care professional if symptoms of sleep apnea recur.
The following symbols may appear on the device and power supply:
Consult accompanying instructions for use.
For Airline Use. Complies with RTCA/DO-160F
section 21, category M.
Type BF Applied Part
Drip Proof Equipment
Do not disassemble.
Separate collection for electrical and electronic
equipment per EC Directive 2002/96/EC.
Class II (Double Insulated)
For Indoor Use Only.