WARNING: Risk of electrocution. High-voltage circuits, both AC and DC,
are very dangerous and should be measured with great care.
1. ALWAYS press the POWER switch to the OFF position when the meter
is not in use.
2. If "1" appears in the display during a measurement, the value exceeds
the range you have selected. Change to a higher range.
NOTE: On some low AC and DC voltage ranges, with the test leads not
connected to a device, the display may show a random, changing reading.
This is normal and is caused by the high-input sensitivity. The reading will
stabilize and give a proper measurement when connected to a circuit.
The Data Hold function allows the meter to "freeze" a measurement for
1. Press the DATA HOLD button to "freeze" the reading on the indicator.
The indicator "
2. Press the DATA HOLD button to return to normal operation.
The backlight function illuminates the display to improve readability in dimly
1. Press the "
2. In order to conserve power, the backlight will automatically turn off after
The number below the decimal point in the LCD display indicates the full
scale value of the range selected by the function switch.
The yellow input shutters either block or open the input jacks to insure
proper test lead connections for the measurement function selected.
" will be appear in the display.
" button to turn the backlight on.