Traveling with the System
When traveling, the carrying case is for carry-on luggage only. The carrying case will not protect the system if it is put
through checked baggage.
For your convenience at security stations, there is a note on the bottom of the device stating that it is medical
equipment and is suitable for airline use. It may be helpful to bring this manual along with you to help security
personnel understand the BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex device.
If you are traveling to a country with a line voltage different than the one you are currently using, a different power
cord or an international plug adaptor may be required to make your power cord compatible with the power outlets
of the country to which you are traveling. Contact your home care provider for additional information.
The BiPAP Auto Bi-Flex device is suitable for use on airlines when the device is operating from an AC or DC power
note: It is not suitable for airline use with any of the modems or humidifiers installed in the unit.
Cleaning the Device
WaRninG: To avoid electrical shock, always unplug the power cord from the wall outlet before cleaning the
device. DO NOT immerse the device in any fluids.
1. Unplug the device, and wipe the outside of the device with a cloth slightly dampened with water and a mild
detergent. Let the device dry completely before plugging in the power cord.
2. Inspect the device and all circuit parts for damage after cleaning. Replace any damaged parts.
Cleaning or Replacing the Filters
Under normal usage, you should clean the gray foam filter at least once every two weeks and replace it with a new
one every six months. The white ultra-fine filter is disposable and should be replaced after 30 nights of use or sooner
if it appears dirty. DO NOT clean the ultra-fine filter.
CauTion: Dirty inlet filters may cause high operating temperatures that may affect device performance.
Regularly examine the inlet filters as needed for integrity and cleanliness.
1. If the device is operating, stop the airflow. Disconnect the device from the power source.
2. Remove the filter(s) from the enclosure by gently squeezing the filter in the center and pulling it away from the
3. Examine the filter(s) for cleanliness and integrity.
4. Wash the gray foam filter in warm water with a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly to remove all detergent residue.
Allow the filter to air dry completely before reinstalling it. If the foam filter is torn, replace it. (Only Respironics-
supplied filters should be used as replacement filters.)
5. If the white ultra-fine filter is dirty or torn, replace it.
6. Reinstall the filters, inserting the white ultra-fine filter first if applicable.
CauTion: Never install a wet filter into the device. You must ensure sufficient drying time for the cleaned filter.
Cleaning the Tubing
Clean the tubing before first use and daily. Disconnect the flexible tubing from the device. Gently wash the tubing in a
solution of warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly. Air dry.
The device does not require routine servicing.
WaRninG: If you notice any unexplained changes in the performance of this device, if it is making unusual or
harsh sounds, if it has been dropped or mishandled, if water is spilled into the enclosure, or if the enclosure is
broken, disconnect the power cord and discontinue use. Contact your home care provider.