mobile PhoneTools - mobile PhoneTools features
4.3 Internet Connection
mobile PhoneTools functions (SMS, MMS, Internet, etc.) can be accessed by connecting to
various wireless telephone networks. Network availability and functionality is dependent upon
your wireless service provider.
Networks supported by mobile PhoneTools are: GPRS, 1xRTT, GSM-Data, CDMA, UMTS, W-
4.3.1 New Connection
1. Click the Menu button in the application main window and select Setup, then Internet
The Internet connections window is displayed.
2. Double-click the Add new connection icon.
The Internet Connection Wizard appears. Follow the instructions of the Connection
wizard: it will guide you in creating and managing your connections.
3. Click Next.
4. The next screen prompts you to assign a name to the connection you are about to create
and to specify the country and the mobile phone service provider you are subscribed to.
5. Select connection type. Check the Use default parameters box if you would like the
wizard to use the preset data for the operator you have chosen (recommended), and
If you have chosen a high-speed network, the wizard will prompt you to create a fallback connection to be used in the
event the high speed network is not available.
6. Click Yes or No to create a fall back connection, and click Next.
- If you click Yes:
1. Enter connection name and click Next.
2. Enter User name, Password, and Phone number to establish a connection, and click
3. Select Dynamic or Fixed IP address, and click Next.
4. Select Dynamic or Fixed DNS address, and click Next.
5. The End of Connection Wizard Summary is displayed, click Finish.
- If you click No:
The End of Connection Wizard Summary is displayed, click Finish.
The wizard will close and the connection created becomes the default connection. The icon for
this connection and, if applicable, that of the fallback connection are added to the Internet
Repeat the same steps for each connection to be created.