1. Remove the toner cartridge and paper tray before removing other
printer parts. The toner cartridge should be protected from light while
out of the printer.
2. We recommend disconnecting all external cables from the printer to
prevent damage during service.
3. Unless otherwise stated, reinstall the parts in reverse order of removal.
4. When reinstalling a part held with several screws, start all screws
before final tightening.
Extender cover removal
1. Locate the latches on the left and right sides of the extender cover.
2. Push the latches, and pull the cover away from the rear of the printer.
Front access cover removal (E238, E240, and E240n)
1. Open the front access cover.
2. Place thumbs on the inside of the respective hinge.