CARE & CLEANING
Surface elements and drip bowls
• Make sure drip bowls are in place - Absence of
these bowls during cooking may subject wiring or
components underneath to damage.
• Never immerse a surface element in water.
• Be sure the range is cool before removing surface
elements or drip bowls. Be careful not to bend terminal
ends when replacing surface elements after cleaning.
• Protective liners—Do not use aluminum foil to line
surface drip bowls, or reflector pans. Only use
aluminum foil as recommended in this manual.
Improper installation of these liners may result in risk
of electric shock, or fire.
Surface elements may be unplugged and removed to make
cleaning the drip pans easier. The surface elements clean
themselves when they are turned on. Food spilled on a hot
element will burn off. Food spilled on a COOL element may
be cleaned with a damp cloth—any remaining soil will burn
off the next time the element is used.
To remove the surface elements and drip bowls
1. Lift the edge of the drip bowl across from the terminal
end. Lift the surface element and drip bowl
together just enough to clear the cooktop.
2. While holding the drip bowl and surface element, gently
pull the terminal end out from terminal plug. DO NOT
remove hold down clip (if equipped) from the drip bowl.
support to rest
on drip pan
Cleaning drip bowls
Wash in hot, soapy water or in the dishwasher. Rinse and
dry while still warm. Hard to remove, burned on soil can be
removed by soaking the drip bowls for about 20 minutes in
a lightly diluted liquid cleanser or a solution of ammonia and
water (1/2 cup ammonia to 1 gallon of water). A nylon
scrubber may be used after soaking. DO NOT use abrasive
cleaners or steel wool, they will scratch the surface. Always
rinse with clean water and polish dry with a soft cloth.
To replace drip bowls and surface elements
1. Slide the terminal end on the element through the
opening in the drip bowl (See Fig. 1).
2. Align the element support to rest on the rim inside the
drip bowl. If your drip bowl is equipped with a hold
down clip, align the element support opposite the
terminal end with the slot in the hold down clip, and
snap into place.
3. After the element is positioned in the drip bowl, line up
the terminal end with the terminal plug as shown.
4. Hold the surface element and drip bowl together as
level as possible and firmly push the terminal end into
the terminal plug. Make sure element terminal is seated
properly into terminal plug. Make sure the surface
element is level to reduce the hazard of pans sliding off
• When lowering the lift-up range cooktop, grasp the
sides with finger-tips only. Be careful not to pinch
fingers. DO NOT drop or bend the range cooktop when
raising or lowering. This could damage the cooktop
To raise the cooktop for cleaning
1. Grasp the sides and lift from the front (See Fig. 2). Lift-up
rods will support the top in a raised position. Only lift the
top far enough to allow the support rods to snap into place.
2. Clean underneath using a clean cloth and hot, soapy water
3. To lower the top, gently push back on each rod to release
the notched support. Hold the range top and slide the lift
rods down into the range frame.