LP Tank Exchange
Connecting Regulator To The LP Tank
• Many retailers that sell grills offer you the option of replacing
your empty LPtank through an exchange service. Use only those
reputable exchange companies that inspect, precision fill, test
and certify their cylinders. Exchange your tank only for an OPD
tank as described in the "LPTank"
section of this manual.
• Always keep new and exchanged LPtanks in upright position
during use, transit or storage.
• Leak test new and exchanged LPtanks BEFOREconnecting to
LPtank must be properly secured onto grill. (Refer to
Turn all control knobs to the OFF position.
Turn LPtank OFF by turning OPD hand wheel clockwise to a
Remove the protective cap from LPtank valve. Always use
cap and strap supplied with valve.
LP Tank Leak Test
For your safety
• Leak test must be repeated each time LPtank is exchanged or
• Do not smoke during leak test.
• Do not use an open flame to check for gas leaks.
• Grill must be leak tested outdoors in a well-ventilated
away from ignition sources such as gas fired or electrical
appliances. During leak test, keep grill away from open flames
• Use a clean paintbrush and a 50/50 mild soap and water
solution. Brush soapy solution onto areas indicated by arrows
in figure below. Leaks are indicated by growing bubbles.
OPD Hand Wheel
le 1 outlet with
thread on outside
Strap and Cap
Do not insert a POL transport plug
(plastic part with external
threads) into the type 1 valve
outlet. If will defeat the Safety
Relief Valve feature.
• Do not use household cleaning agents. Damage to the gas
train components (valve/hose/regulator)
6 ° 146.23681310
Hold regulator and insert nipple into LP
tank valve. Hand-tighten the coupling
nut, holding regulator in a straight line
with LPtank valve so as not to crossth-
thread the connection.
has to be
into the LP