Testing the System
It is recommended that you test your system once a week using the
NOTE: If your system is monitored, contact your central station before you perform
1. Arm your security system.
2. Wait until your exit time is over. Then activate the system by opening a protected
zone (for example: a window or door).
3. Confirm that the alarm sounding device (bell or siren) sounds. If your system is
connected to a central station, the keypad will sound the ringback tone to confirm
that the signal was received.
4. Disarm the security system.
5. Call the central station to tell them you are finished testing.
It is recommended that you test your battery once a month. In order to test your
backup/standby battery, the following procedure should be followed:
1. Disconnect AC Power from the system.
2. Observe that the AC indicator light on the keypad goes off.
3. Activate your alarm by performing the above SYSTEM TEST. Remember to
contact your central station if your system is monitored.
4. Reconnect AC Power to the system.
IMPORTANT: Use only batteries recommended by your installer as a replacement.
The National Fire Protection Association publishes a standard for fire warning
equipment (NFPA publication #72).
contacting: NFPA Public Affairs Dept., Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02269.
If you have any further questions about the operation of your system, please contact
your alarm company.
- 24 -
Further information can be obtained by