CARING FOR YOUR
Cleaning the exterior
In most cases, regular use of a soft, damp cloth or sponge
and a mild detergent is all that is necessary to keep the
outside of your dishwasher
looking nice and clean.
Cleaning the interior
Hard water minerals can cause a white film to build up on
the inside surfaces, especially just beneath the door area.
Do not clean the dishwasher interior until it has cooled.
Wear rubber gloves. Do not use any type of cleanser other
than dishwasher detergent because it may cause foaming
To clean interior
Make a paste with powdered dishwasher detergent on a
damp sponge and clean.
Use liquid automatic dishwasher detergent and clean with
a damp sponge,
See the vinegar rinse procedure in "Spotting and filming on
dishes" in "Troubleshooting."
NOTE: Run a Normal cycle with detergent after cleaning
Storing for the summer
Protect your dishwasher during the summer months by
turning off the water supply and power supply to the
Moving or winterizing your dishwasher
Protect your dishwasher and home against water damage
due to freezing water lines. If your dishwasher is left in a
seasonal dwelling or could be exposed to near freezing
have a qualified person do the following:
power supply to the dishwasher.
2. Remove the 4 screws on the lower access panel.
Remove the lower access panel.
3. Place a shallow pan under the water supply valve.
Then, use a wrench to disconnect the water inlet from
the water supply valve. Separate the water inlet from
the water supply valve and drain water into the pan.
1. Water outlet
2. Hose clamp
3. Drain hose
4. Water supply valve
5, Water inlet
6, Water pump and motor
4. Remove the spring clamp from the water outlet and
separate from the water supply valve; drain water into
5. Reconnect both water inlet and water outlet to the
water supply valve.
6. Empty the pan and reposition it under the water pump.
7. Remove the clamp and disconnect the drain hose from
the water pump; drain water into pan.
8. Reconnect drain hose to the water pump, being sure
to position the clamp over the connection.
9. Replace the lower access panel.
1. Remove the 4 screws on the lower access panel and
remove lower access panel.
2. Turn on the water supply to dishwasher.
3. Run dishwasher through a complete cycle and check
4. Replace lower access panel.