Speakers: Dell Inspiron XPS and Inspiron 9100 Service Manual
Back to Contents Page
Dell™ Inspiron™ XPS and Inspiron 9100 Service Manual
Before performing the following procedures, read the safety instructions
in your Owner's Manual.
To avoid electrostatic discharge, ground yourself by using a wrist grounding strap or
by periodically touching an unpainted metal surface (such as the back panel) on the computer.
To avoid damaging the system board, you must remove the main battery before you
begin working inside the computer.
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Remove the left, right, and center
3. Remove the keyboard.
4. Remove the
5. Remove the
6. Remove the
Handle the speakers with care to avoid damaging
7. Remove the three M2.5 x 6-mm screws from the speakers.
8. Gently pull up the speakers.
9. Disconnect the speaker connector from the system board connector.
file:///I|/SERVICE%20MANUALS/DELL%20MANUALS/LA...Inspiron/9100/9100_SERVICE_MANUAL/speakers.htm (1 of 2)6/21/2004 1:16:10 AM
"Preparing to Work Inside the