Before You Begin: Dell Inspiron XPS and Inspiron 9100 Service Manual
Ensure that the computer is off and not in a power management mode. If you cannot
shut down the computer using the computer operating system, press and hold the power button
for 4 seconds.
4. If the computer is connected to a docking device (docked), undock it.
5. Disconnect the computer from the electrical outlet.
6. To avoid possible damage to the system board, wait 10 to 20 seconds and then disconnect any
7. Disconnect all other external cables from the computer.
8. Remove any installed PC Cards from the PC Card slot.
9. Close the display and turn the computer upside down on a flat work surface.
To avoid damaging the system board, you must remove the main battery before you
service the computer.
10. Slide and hold the battery-bay latch release on the bottom of the computer, and then remove
the battery from the bay.
11. Remove any installed
if one is installed.
file:///I|/SERVICE%20MANUALS/DELL%20MANUALS/LA...ok/Inspiron/9100/9100_SERVICE_MANUAL/begin.htm (2 of 7)6/21/2004 1:15:53 AM
cards, and devices, including a second battery