3. Select Use specific IP address and complete the remaining fields.
• IP address:
the default gateway is the same as the peer device.
• Subnet mask:
peer device as long as the default gateway is the same as the peer device.
• Default gateway:The default gateway must be the same as the peer device.
4. Tap OK to save.
5. Press and hold Red
apply the radio driver change to the operating system.
Initiating an Ad Hoc Connection
You need to set up an ad hoc profile in the SWC.
1. Tap the icon in the command bar
2. Tap the Config tab and tap New.
3. On the Network window, select Ad Hoc or Ad Hoc (WEP) as the Assoc Mode.
4. In the SSID field, enter the static IP address of the peer.
5. Tap OK.
6. On the Config tab, select the name of the profile (the SSID name) and tap Activate to launch the
2 - 2
The IP address should be the same as the peer device but can be different as long as
The subnet mask should be the same as the peer device but can be different from the
to warm boot the device. You must warm boot the device to