Incorrect alignment of the processor heat-sink can damage the processor.
The original thermal grease can be reused if the original processor heat-sink is reinstalled. If the processor heat-sink is replaced, use the thermal
grease provided in the kit to ensure that thermal conductivity is achieved.
1. Follow the instructions in
2. Align the four captive screws on the processor heat-sink with the screw holes on the system board and tighten the screws in sequential order (indicated
on the processor heat-sink).
3. Replace the palm-rest assembly (see
4. Replace the display assembly (see
5. Replace the macro keyboard (see
6. Replace the keyboard (see
7. Replace the center control cover (see
8. Replace the base cover (see
9. Replace the battery pack (see
Before turning on the computer, replace all screws and ensure that no stray screws remain inside the computer. Failure to do so may
result in damage to the computer.
Back to Contents Page
Replacing the Palm
Replacing the Display
Replacing the Macro
Replacing the Center Control
Replacing the Base
Replacing the Battery