If you need to power down the computer for a short while, but don't want
to completely shut it down, you can put it into Hibernate by pressing the
You can also put the computer in sleep mode by pressing the sleep hotkey
<Fn> + <F4>.
Note: If you cannot power off the computer normally, press and hold
the power button for more than four seconds to shut down the
computer. If you turn off the computer and want to turn it on again, wait
at least two seconds before powering up.
Taking care of your computer
Your computer will serve you well if you take care of it.
• Do not expose the computer to direct sunlight. Do not place it near
sources of heat, such as a radiator.
• Do not expose the computer to temperatures below 0º C (32º F) or
above 50º C (122º F).
• Do not subject the computer to magnetic fields.
• Do not expose the computer to rain or moisture.
• Do not spill water or any liquid on the computer.
• Do not subject the computer to heavy shock or vibration.
• Do not expose the computer to dust or dirt.
• Never place objects on top of the computer.
• Do not slam the computer display when you close it.
18 - First things first