Problems With Installed Optional Accessories
If an option does not operate correctly following installation or stops working:
Turn off the printer, wait for 10 seconds, and then turn on the printer. If this does not fix the problem, unplug the
printer, and check the connection between the option and the printer.
Print the printer settings report to see if the option is listed in the Installed Options list. If the option is not listed,
re-install it. See "Report / List."
Ensure the option is selected in the printer driver you are using.
The following table lists printer's option and corrective action for related problem. If the suggested corrective action
does not correct the problem, call customer service.
Condensation has occurred inside the
When you call for printer service, be prepared to describe the problem you are experiencing or the error message that
You need to know the model type and service tag of your printer. See the label located inside the front cover of your
• Ensure the 550-sheet feeder is correctly installed on the printer. Re-install the
feeder. See "Removing the Optional 550-Sheet Feeder" and "Installing the
Optional 550-Sheet Feeder."
• Ensure the print media is loaded correctly. See "Loading Print Media in Tray1 and
the Optional 550-Sheet Feeder" for more information.
• Ensure the memory module is securely connected to the memory connector.
• Ensure the hard disk is securely inserted to the correct slot.
• Ensure the wireless adapter is securely inserted to the correct slot.
This usually occurs within several hours after you heat the room in winter. This
also occurs when the printer is operating in a location where relative humidity
reaches 85% or more. Adjust the humidity or relocate the printer to an appropriate