Replacing the Print Cartridges
The printer has print cartridges of four colors: black (K), yellow (Y), magenta (M), and cyan (C).
When a print cartridge reaches its usable life-span, the following messages appear on the printer console.
Insert XXXXPrint Cartridge
Replace XXXXPrint Cartridge
• Make sure that the power is on when replacing the print cartridges. Switching the power off erases the
print data in the printer and information accumulated in the memory.
• When placing a used print cartridge on the floor or on a table, place a few sheets of paper under the
cartridge to catch any toner that may spill.
• Do not reuse old print cartridges once you remove them from the printer. Doing so can impair print
• Do not shake or pound the used print cartridges. The remaining toner may spill.
• We recommend you to use up the print cartridges within one year after removing them from the
Use the following procedure to replace the print cartridges unit.
Open the side cover.
Push the orange latch to the right to unlock the print cartridge that you want to replace.
The XXX print cartridge is not installed correctly or is not working
correctly due to damage or malfunction. Reinstall the print
Checking or Managing the Printer with CentreWare IS
on page 11-20.
The print cartridge has become empty. Replace the old print
cartridge with a new one.
Replacing the Consumables