Freezer Features And Use
Operating Your Freezer
• Clean the interior surface with lukewarm water using a soft cloth.
• Once the freezer is in its proper place, plug it in an electrical outlet having
115 volts and 15 amps. The green "Power On" indicator light will turn on
and the red "Compressor On" indicator light will light up, indicating that the
compressor is in operation. The compressor light turns ON/OFF whenever the
compressor cycles ON/OFF.
Adjustable Temperature Control Knob (see fig. #1)
• Your freezer has one control dial for regulating the temperature. The
temperature control dial is located on the lower left hand corner. Your freezer
will automatically maintain the temperature level you select.
• The range of the temperature control knob is from position
"1" (the warmest) to "6" (the coldest). Initially, set the
temperature on "4." The green "Power On" indicator light
will turn on, indicating that the freezer is in operation.
Wait 2-3 hours before placing food inside the freezer.
After using the freezer for 24 hours, adjust the freezer to
your desired setting.
• To stop the compressor, turn the temperature control knob to the OFF position.
Note: T urning the temperature control to the OFF position stops the compressor
and the cooling cycle but does not shut off the power to the freezer. To
shut off the power, the freezer must be unplugged from the wall outlet.
If the unit is unplugged, power is turned off, or you experience an
electrical outage, wait 3-5 minutes before restarting the unit. If you
attempt to restart before this time delay, the compressor will not turn on.
Large amounts of food will lower the cooling efficiency of the appliance.
If you choose to change the thermostat setting, adjust the temperature
control knob by one numerical increment at a time. Allow several hours
for the temperature to stabilize between adjustments.
Fast Freeze Switch (see fig. #1)
• The freezer is equipped with a Fast Freeze switch (orange), which will allow
you to quickly freeze food when you have added a lot of food at one time.
• The orange "Fast Freeze" lights up when the switch is turned to the
• The switch overrides the thermostat and will make the compressor operate
continuously, lowering the cabinet temperature still further than the
• It is not necessary to adjust the thermostat setting when using the Fast
temperature control dial