Setting Oven Controls
The broiler pan and its grid allow dripping
grease to drain and be kept away from
the high heat of the broiler. DO NOT use
the pan without its grid. DO NOT cover
the grid with foil. The exposed grease
1. Arrange oven rack while oven is still cool. Position the rack as suggested in the
Rack Position From Top
2. Turn Temperature Control Knob to High Broil (HI) or Low Broil (LO).
3. Push START.
4. Place the grid on the broiler pan, then place the food on the grid. DO NOT use
the broiler pan without the grid or cover the grid with aluminum foil. The
exposed fat could ignite.
5. Place the pan on the oven rack. Close the oven door to the broil stop
position when broiling.
6. Broil on one side until food is browned; turn and cook on the second side.
Season and serve. Note: Always pull the rack out to the stop position before
turning or removing food.
7. When broiling is finished, turn Temperature Control Knob to OFF.
Should an oven fire occur, close the oven door and turn off the oven.
If the fire continues, use a fire extinguisher. DO NOT put water or flour on the fire.
Flour may be explosive.
Ham slices, fish, medium steaks,
hamburgers and chops
Well-done foods such as chicken