• This unit is for vehicles with a 12-volt battery and
negative grounding. Before installing it in a recre-
ational vehicle, truck, or bus, check the battery
• To avoid shorts in the electrical system, be sure to
≠ battery cable before beginning
• Refer to the owner's manual for details on
connecting the power amp and other units, then
make connections correctly.
• Secure the wiring with cable clamps or adhesive
tape. To protect the wiring, wrap adhesive tape
around them where they lie against metal parts.
• Route and secure all wiring so it cannot touch any
moving parts, such as the gear shift, handbrake
and seat rails. Do not route wiring in places that
get hot, such as near the heater outlet. If the insu-
lation of the wiring melts or gets torn, there is a
danger of the wiring short-circuiting to the vehicle
• Don't pass the yellow lead through a hole into the
engine compartment to connect to the battery.
This will damage the lead insulation and cause a
very dangerous short.
• Do not shorten any leads. If you do, the protection
circuit may fail to work when it should.
• Never feed power to other equipment by cutting
the insulation of the power supply lead of the unit
and tapping into the lead. The current capacity of
the lead will be exceeded, causing overheating.
• When replacing the fuse, be sure to only use a
fuse of the rating prescribed on the fuse holder.
• Since a unique BPTL circuit is employed, never
wire so the speaker leads are directly grounded or
the left and right ≠ speaker leads are common.
• If the RCA pin jack on the unit will not be used,
do not remove the caps attached to the end of the
• Speakers connected to this unit must be high-
power with minimum rating of 50 W and imped-
ance of 4 to 8 ohms. Connecting speakers with
output and/or impedance values other than those
noted here may result in the speakers catching
fire, emitting smoke or becoming damaged.
• When this product's source is switched ON, a
control signal is output through the blue/white
lead. Connect to an external power amp's system
remote control or the car's Auto-antenna relay
control terminal (max. 300 mA 12 V DC). If the
car features a glass antenna, connect to the anten-
na booster power supply terminal.
• When an external power amp is being used with
this system, be sure not to connect the blue/white
lead to the amp's power terminal. Likewise, do
not connect the blue/white lead to the power ter-
minal of the auto-antenna. Such connection could
cause excessive current drain and malfunction.
• To avoid short-circuit, cover the disconnected
lead with insulating tape. Insulate the unused
speaker leads without fail. There is a possibility of
a short-circuit if the leads are not insulated.
• To prevent incorrect connection, the input side of
the IP-BUS connector is blue, and the output side
is black. Connect the connectors of the same col-
• This unit cannot be installed in a vehicle that
does not have an ACC (accessory) position on
the ignition switch. (Fig. 1)
• The black lead is ground. Please ground this lead
separately from the ground of high-current prod-
ucts such as power amps.
If you ground the products together and the
ground becomes detached, there is a risk of dam-
age to the products or fire.
• Cords for this product and those for other prod-
ucts may be different colors even if they have
the same function. When connecting this product
to another product, refer to the supplied manuals
of both products and connect cords that have the
No ACC position
ENG/MASTER 96 INST