(6) Connection of the power regeneration converter (FR-RC)
(For power coordination, always install the power factor improving reactor (FR-BAL).)
When connecting the FR-RC type power regeneration converter, connect the inverter terminals (P/+, N/-) and
FR-RC type power regeneration converter terminals as shown below so that their signals match with each
other. After making sure that the wiring is correct, set "0" in Pr. 30 "regenerative function selection".
For details, refer to the FR-RC type power regeneration converter manual.
Note: 1. For models 7.5K or less, the jumper across terminals PR-PX must be removed.
2. How to connect the FR-BAL power factor improving AC reactor (option)
When using two or more inverters in the same system, small impedance between the inverters
will cause a regenerative current from the power regeneration converter to leak into the other
inverters, resulting in overcurrent alarm of the other inverters. To prevent this, install a power
factor improving AC reactor on the power supply side for all the inverters.
3. Do not insert MCCB between terminals P-N <+ - –> (P/+ -P/+ <+ - P/+>, N/– - N/– <– - N/->).
(7) Connection of the power factor improving DC reactor (option)
Connect the FR-BEL power factor improving DC
reactor between terminals P1-P <P1- +>. In this
case, the jumper connected across terminals P1-P
<P1- +> must be removed. Otherwise, the reactor
will not function.
Note: 1. The wiring distance should be within 5m (16.40 feet).
2. The size of the cables used should be equal to or larger than that of the power supply cables
(R, S, T) <L
INSTALLATION AND WIRING
FR-RC power regeneration converter