Do not install a power capacitor, surge suppressor or radio noise filter (FR-BIF option) on the output side
of the inverter.
This will cause the inverter to trip or the capacitor and surge suppressor to be damaged. If any of the
above devices are installed, immediately remove them. (If the FR-BIF radio noise filter is connected,
switching power off during motor operation may result in E.UVT. In this case, connect the radio noise
filter on the primary side of the electromagnetic contactor.)
10) When rewiring after operation, make sure that the POWER lamp has gone off, and when more than 10
minutes have elapsed after power-off, check with a meter that the voltage is zero. After that, start
rewiring work. For some time after power-off, there is a dangerous voltage in the capacitor.
11) Use the space on the left-hand side of the main circuit terminal block to wire the cables for connection of
the control circuit power supply terminals R1, S1 <L11, L21> of the FR-A520-11K.
Do not use residual current protective device as the only protection against indirect
Protective earth (ground) connection essential.
Do not connect more than 2 wires on the protective earth (ground) terminal.
Use contactor and no fuse breaker EN/IEC standard compliant.
Use transformer or surge absorber EN/IEC standard compliant.
Notes on Earthing (Grounding)
• Leakage currents flow in the inverter. To prevent an electric shock, the inverter and motor must be
earthed (grounded). Earthing (grounding) must conform to the requirements of national and local safety
regulations and electrical code. (JIS, NEC section 250, IEC 536 class 1 and other applicable standards)
• Use the dedicated earth (ground) terminal to earth (ground) the inverter. (Do not use the screw in the
case, chassis, etc.)
• Use the thickest possible earth (ground) cable.Use
the cable whose size is equal to or greater than
that indicated below, and minimize the cable
length. The earthing (grounding) point should be
as near as possible to the inverter.
• Earth (Ground) the motor on the inverter side
using one wire of the 4-core cable.
2.2kW (3HP) or less
5.5kW, 7.5kW (7.5HP, 10HP)
11kW to 15kW (15 to 20HP)
18.5kW to 37kW (25 to 50HP)
45kW, 55kW (60, 75HP)
INSTALLATION AND WIRING
Screw size (M5)