1.1. Preparing to use network features
• Installing the ProjectorView Global+
• Assigning the projector IP address
• Configuring settings such as PASSWORD, Mail Setting, Language, and PJLink Certification Setting by running
Telnet (Telnet-enabled models only) or using ProjectorView
The projector IP address, password, and PJLink certification can be configured on the projector main screen. For
more information, see the section describing network settings provided in the projector's manual.
1.2. Functions and features
• 200 units of projectors can be remote-controlled at the maximum.
• Settings such as the IP address of the projector can be configured.
• You can register multiple projectors in a group and control them collectively.
• Various conditions of connected projectors can be monitored.
• Schedule of the power supply ON/OFF can be set every group.
• Schedule of the power supply ON/OFF can be set every day.
• When the communication with the projector monitored by the theft detector is disrupted, warning mail is issued to
the designated address.
• Each projector can be controlled separately using a Web browser.
• When an error or warning occurs with the projector, warning mail is issued to the designated address.
• Message can be displayed on the screen of the operating projector.
• The product supports the industry standard protocol PJLink for projector control.
1.3. Operation environment
• Supported OS
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
Pentium II 233 MHz or higher (recommended)
128 MB or more (recommended)
• Free HDD space
32 MB or more (recommended)
• Web browser (When using ProjectorView)
Internet Explorer Ver. 6.0 and Ver. 7.0 (recommended)
Installing Java Plug-in:
(1) Download JRE6 from the JAVA download center on the Sun Microsystems Web site (http://java.sun.com/jav-
(When this file URL is not a valid location, search for "JRE6 download" using a search engine and access the
(2) Execute the downloaded file.
(3) After installation is complete, select [Start] - [Control Panel] - [Java Plug-in] and disable the cache.