4. Projector registration
• Set the default gateways of the projectors and PC correctly. For details, contact your network administrator.
• Be sure to make a note of the IP addresses and default gateways you set. If you forget the setting values, you may
not be able to detect the projectors again.
• At initial setup, DHCP or Auto IP (169.254.0.1 through 169.254.255.254) automatically assigns an IP address.
Note that a different IP address may be assigned every time you start the projectors. If a connection cannot be
established, execute "Search Projector".
• If you change the IP address in the projector menu after the projectors have been detected, execute "Search
• It is recommended that you assign an IP address of the projector to the fixed IP address.
Manual registration of projector
(1) Select "Add New Projector" from "Set Configuration" of the menu bar on the main screen.
• "Add New Projector" window is displayed.
(2) Set the Projector Name, MAC address, IP address, and group of the projector, and enable or
disable the theft warning mail and the theft detector.
(3) Click [Save].
Input the projector name within 64 characters in one-byte alphanumeric symbol.
Input the MAC address of the projector. The address format is "XX-XX-XX-XX-
Input the IP address of the projector.
From the pull-down menu, select the group to which the projector is belonging.
(A new group can be created by clicking [Add New Group]. → See "6.1. Creation
of projector group".)
Designate the choice of sending a theft warning mail.
(Setting related to mail is required. → See "7. Mail setting".)
Turn on or off the theft detector.