Basic operation (continued)
The video and audio signals are temporarily muted
when the AV MUTE button is pressed. To cancel
muting, press the AV MUTE button again.
• Auto Power Off doesn't function during AV mute.
Setting the aspect ratio
You can change the aspect ratio of the input video
signal (or the ratio of width to height of the image).
Change the setting according to the type of the input
With the remote control:
1. Press the ASPECT button.
• Every time the ASPECT button is pressed, the
aspect mode changes from Normal to 16:9, to
Native, to Full, and back to Normal.
With the Picture menu:
(See page 22 for menu setting.)
1. Display the Picture menu.
2. Select Aspect Ratio by pressing the or button.
3. Select your desired aspect ratio by pressing the
To cancel the menu:
4. Press the MENU button.
• When a 16:9 image is kept displayed for a long
time before displaying 4:3 image, the afterimages
of the black bars may appear on the 4:3 image
screen. Consult your dealer in this case.
• The lamp can't be lit again for one minute after
turned off for safety purpose. It will take another
one minute for the STATUS indicator to go out. If
you want to turn on the projector again, wait until
the indicator goes out, and then press the POWER
• The exhaust fans rotate faster as the temperature
around the projector rises.
• When the temperature around the projector rises
high, the sign "Temperature!!" blinks red on the
screen. If the temperature stays high, the lamp will
go out automatically.
• Do not display a still picture for a long time
because the afterimages may persist on the screen.
When connecting to a laptop computer:
When this projector is connected to a laptop
computer, there may be times when images may not
be projected. When it occurs, set the computer so that
it can output signals externally. The procedure varies
across computers in use. See the instruction manual
of your computer.