Basic connections (continued)
Connection (for video equipment having an HDMI terminal)
Equipment having an
To HDMI terminal
• Use a commercially available HDMI (with HDMI logo) cable.
• You don't have to connect any cable for audio input. You can input video and audio using an HDMI cable only.
• When HDMI audio isn't output, it may be output by turning off the power of the video equipment with the projector
and the video equipment connected to each other and then turning back on the power.
• Some cables may not be connected correctly depending on the size and shape of their connectors.
• To connect the projector and video equipment via a distributor, use a Deep Color supported distributor compliant
with HDMI1.3 or higher (or a 3D display supported distributor compliant with HDMI1.4 or higher when displaying
When you connect this projector and a Digital device (such as a DVD player) via the HDMI terminal, black
color may appear dark and deep, depending on the type of the connected device.
• This depends on the black level setting of the connected device. There are two kinds of methods to digitally
transfer image data, in which different black level settings are employed respectively. Therefore, the specifications
of the signals output from DVD players differ, depending on the type of the digital data transfer method they use.
• Some DVD players are provided with a function to switch the methods to output digital signals. When your DVD
player is provided with such function, set it as follows.
EXPAND or ENHANCED NORMAL
• See the users guide of your DVD player for details.
• Set Input Level in the Picture menu depending on the device to be used.
HDMI (with HDMI logo) cable (option)