Front projection, ceiling mounting
For ceiling mounting, you need the ceiling mount
kit designed for this projector. Ask a specialist for
installation. For details, consult your dealer.
• The warranty on this projector does not cover any
damage caused by use of any non-recommended
ceiling mount kit or installation of the ceiling mount
kit in an improper location.
• When using the projector mounted on the ceiling,
set Image Reverse in the Installation menu to Mirror
Invert. See page 27.
• When the projector is mounted on the ceiling,
images may appear darker than those projected in
the case of tabletop mounting. This isn't a product
Ceiling mount installation
If you wish to install the projector using a ceiling
mount, please use the screw holes as the illustration
• Screws are not included. Please obtain the
appropriate screws for your type of ceiling. (M4
• It is recommended that you keep a reasonable
space between the bracket and the projector to
allow for proper heat distribution.
• Installation must be done by a qualified
When the projector is installed on the ceiling using
the ceiling mount kit, it is recommended to hold
the mount kit and the projector using a metal bar
or wire in addition to the mount kit fixing screws
to prevent the projector from falling due to an
earthquake or other cause. For that purpose, use
a metal bar, wire, or screw that bears a load of at
least 55 kgf. When using a metal wire, secure one
end to a screw hole marked with an arrow on the
rear terminal panel and the other end to the mount
kit. (Don't use screw holes without arrow marks.) In
this case, make sure that the screw is inserted in
the projector at least 5 mm. The length of the screw
should be 20 mm or shorter. Also make sure that
no electrical current is flowing in the mount kit due
to current leakage or other cause.
Ask a specialist for installation. For details, consult
• For rear projection, set Image Reverse in the
Installation menu to Mirror. See page 27.
• Placing the projector directly on a carpet impairs
ventilation by the fans, causing damage or failure.
Put a hard board under the projector to facilitate
• Place the projector at least 50 cm (or 20 inch) away
from the wall to prevent the intake vents and the
exhaust vents that emit hot air from being blocked.
• Do not use the projector in the following locations
and manners, which may cause fire or electric
• In a dusty or humid place.
• In a sideways or upside-down position.
• Near a heater.
• In an oily, smoky, or damp place such as a
• In direct sunlight.
• Where the temperature rises high, such as in a
• Where the temperature is lower than +41°F (or
+5°C) or higher than +95°F (or +35°C ).
• Keep foliage plants and pets away from the
projector. The temperature around the exhaust
vents and that of the cabinet on the top of the
exhaust vents become high. Take special care for
• Do not apply force to the lens, because the lens
may be damaged.
• Be sure to use this projector at an altitude of less
than 1500 meters.