Primary power path
Vacuum interrupter operator mechanism
Vacuum interrupter contact resistance
Terminals and connectors
Close and trip solenoids, anti-pump relay,
auxiliary switches and secondary
Primary circuit-to-ground and between
Barrier and all insulating components
Table 6: Periodic maintenance and lubrication tasks
2. Contact erosion. Note: Perform with
3. Vacuum integrity. Note: Perform with
1. Burnt or damaged fingers.
2. Lubrication of contact surfaces.
1. Record contact resistance with contacts
CLOSED and check at each maintenance
interval to monitor condition.
1. Dirt or foreign material.
1. Tightness of nuts and other locking
1. Smooth operation of manual charging,
manual closing and manual tripping.
1. Evidence of excessive wear.
2. Lubricaion of wear points.
1. Mechanical damage or abrasion.
1. Tightness and absence of mechanical
1. Automatic charging.
2. Close and trip with control power.
1. 60-second withstand 60 kV, 60 Hz
(85 kV dc).
1. 60-second withstand 1.5 kV, 60 Hz.
2. Cracking, crazing, tracking or other sign