Loading data from media
Loading all programs, combinations, drum
kits, and arpeggio patterns
Here's how all data from a .PCG file containing
programs, combinations, drum kits, global settings,
and user arpeggio patterns can be loaded in a single
In order to load programs, combinations, songs,
drum kits, or user arpeggio patterns, you must first
make sure that the Global/Media mode memory
protect setting is off. (p. 59 "Memory protect")
Note: For details on the media from which data can be
loaded, please refer to p. 60.
1. Make sure that the media is ready for loading.
(p. 60 "Inserting/removing a card in the SD card
2. Choose GLOBAL/MEDIA: Media ‐ Load, Load
PCG, and then press the button.
The PCG files on the media will be displayed.
3. Use the buttons to select the .PCG file that
contains the program or combination data you
want to load, and then press the button.
4. Choose All PCG, and press the button.
The display will indicate "OK?"
5. To begin the Load operation, press the button.
All data of the .PCG file will be loaded into the
Never remove the media while data is being
Note: You can also load programs or combinations by
bank. Please refer to PG p. 68.
Loading individual items from a PCG file
The microSTATION also allows you to load individual
items or banks of program, combination, drum kit, or
user arpeggio pattern data. This is a convenient way to
rearrange combinations into the order in which you'll
be playing them live.
Be aware that editing a program will affect the
sound of any combination that uses that program.
As an example, here's how one combination that was
saved in bank A can be loaded into C127.
1. Choose GLOBAL/MEDIA: Media ‐ Load PCG.
Saving & loading data Loading data
2. Select the PCG file that contains the combination
you want to load, and then press the button.
3. From the PCG file, choose "Combinations" and
press the button.
• From the combinations, choose "Bank A" and press
• From bank A, choose the combination that you
want to load, and press the button.
Note: When you play the keyboard, you'll hear the
selected combination. However, each timbre will
sound using the corresponding internal program.
4. Choose C127 as the load‐destination, and press the
The display will ask "OK?"
5. To load the data, press the button.
The selected combination of bank A will be loaded
6. In Combination mode, set the category to ALL,
turn Num Lock on, and specify 384 to select
Note: The bank and number are shown in the upper
right of the display in the COMBI PLAY page when
you turn Num Lock on and press the 14 (ENTER)
Loading a song (.SNG) for use in Sequencer
In this example, we'll explain how to load a song.
We will assume that this song uses programs, drum
kits, and user arpeggio patterns that you've edited. If
this is the case, it's best to load all data.
1. As described in "Loading all programs,
combinations, drum kits, and arpeggio
patterns" (p. 61), load the PCG file that is used
by the .SNG file you're going to load.
2. In GLOBAL/MEDIA: Media ‐ Load, choose Load