Saw a 4_A " hole in floor and position dryer.
A 4" 90 degree elbow and length of 4" metal exhaust pipe
must be purchased. Shorten the rear exhaust pipe inside the
10. Secure the shortened pipe to the blower housing with a
dryer as required. (Length will depend on type of elbow pur-
screw at the top and seal all joints with tape or silicone
chased.) Secure the shortened pipe to the Blower Housing
with a screw at the top, attach elbow and metal exhaust pipe,
11. Install a 4" 90 degree elbow as shown in FIG. #4.
and seal all joints with tape or silicone bathtub caulk.
When exhausting from the side, the installation should be
made according to the steps described
ANDTAP_,7 90 DEGREE ELBOW
EXHAUSTING and as noted above.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR MANUFACTURED
(MOBILE) HOME INSTALLATIONS
Follow steps outlined for installation with these exceptions:
I1_ VENT PIPE
When installed in a manufactured (mobile) home:
1. THE DRYER INSTALLATION must conform to the
Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standard,
Title 24 CER, Part 32-80 (formerly the Federal Standard
12. Seal rear opening of cabinet with the cover plate provid-
for Mobile Home Construction and safety, Title 24, HUD
ed with your dryer. Located with literature. Attach cover
(Part 280, 1975).
plate to rear of the cabinet with #8 sheet metal screws
or duct tape. (not supplied)
2. A GAS SHUT OFF VALVE with a non-displaceable rotor
must be installed in the gas supply piping, This valve
13. Place cylinder belt around cylinder with grooved side
must be located within the living space of the manufac-
toward cylinder. FIG. #3.
tured (mobile) home and within 3 feet of the dryer.
14. Reinstall cylinder by pushing and turning until rollers are
3. THE DRYER must have an exhaust duct which extends
snapped in cylinder grooves and cylinder turns freely,
to the outside atmosphere with the termination securely
15. Position cylinder belt with grooved side around motor
fastened to the mobile home structure and which is fab-
pulley. Pull idler pulley right until smooth side of belt can
ricated of a material that will not support combustion.
be routed around left side of idler pulley. FIG. #3.
Standard four inch diameter galvanized or aluminum
pipe should be used. The dryer must be attached to the
16. Rotate cylinder counter-clockwise to position belt.,
manufactured (mobile) home structure as follows:
17. Replace dryer front and reconnect door switch wires,
a. Dismantle the dryer as described in bottom exhaust-
Make sure the front seal is in the original position,
18. Complete exhaust system to outdoors,
b. Buy two #10 x 1'/5" round head wood screws. Drive
them through the attachment screw holes of the base
into the floor. See FIG. #5 for location.
RIGHT SIDE EXHAUSTING
c. Reassemble the dryer.
Figure #5 illustrates a typical right side exhaust venting pipe
connections inside the dryer cabinet. When exhausting the
4. THE EXHAUST DUCT must be exhausted to the outside
dryer from the side, the cabinet knockout must be removed,
using metal ducting. It should not terminate beneath the
manufactured (mobile) home.
5. THE VENT HOOD must be securely fastened to the
manufactured (mobile) home structure.
THIS DRYER IS NOT SUITABLE FOR USE IN RECRE-
AS TRAVEL TRAILERS,
,_ Eg_]L .......
CAMPERS, OR MOTOR HOMES.
FINAL CHECK OUT
1, After your gas dryer has been installed, turn on all
manual shut-oft valves. Double check for gas leaks.
2. Plug dryer in. NEVER USE AN EXTENSION CORD.
3, Following your operating instructions, operate the
dryer briefly on all control settings. A slight odor
may be noticed with a new machine.
4, Allow empty dryer to operate on highest heat
setting for a few minutes.
5. Stop dryer and wipe inside of cylinder with a clean
6. Wipe fingerprintsand dirt from outside of dryer with