Doesn't operate at all:
Poor Cooling (or Heating)
The unit operates
differently from the Remote
If the problem persists after performing these checks, or if you notice burning smells, or the OPERATION Indicator Lamp and the
TIMER Indicator Lamp ﬂ ashes, and ECONOMY Indicator Lamp ﬂ ashes fast. Immediately stop operation, turn off the electrical break-
er and consult authorized service personnel.
Operation and Performance
● This air conditioner operates on the heat-pump principle,
absorbing heat from outdoor air and transferring that heat
to indoor unit. As a result, the operating performance is
reduced as outdoor air temperature drops. If you feel that
insufficient heating performance is being produced, we
recommend you use this air conditioner in conjunction with
another kind of heating appliance.
● Heat-pump air conditioners heat your entire room by recir-
culating air throughout the room, with the result that some
time may be required after ﬁ rst starting the air conditioner
until the room is heated.
In Event of Power Interruption
● The power supply to the air conditioner is stopped by a
power interruption. The air conditioner will then restart auto-
matically in its previous mode when the power is restored.
● Has the circuit breaker been turn off?
● Has there been a power failure?
● Has a fuse blown out, or a circuit breaker been tripped?
● Is the intake grille completely closed?
● Is the timer operating?
● Is the Air Filter dirty?
● Are the air conditioner's intake grille or outlet port blocked?
● Did you adjust the room temperature settings (temperature) correctly?
● Is there a window or door open?
● In the case of Cooling operation, is a window allowing bright sunlight
to enter? (Close the curtains.)
● In the case of Cooling operation, are there heating apparatus and
computers inside the room, or are there too many people in the
● Has OUTDOOR UNIT LOW NOISE not been set?
● Is the unit set for SUPER QUIET operation?
● Are the Remote Controller's batteries dead?
● Are the Remote Controller's batteries loaded properly?
Items to check
Microcomputer-controlled Automatic Defrosting
● When using the Heating mode under conditions of low out-
door temperature and high humidity, frost may form on the
outdoor unit, resulting in reduced operating performance.
In order to prevent this kind of reduced performance, this
air conditioner is equipped with a Microcomputer-controlled
Automatic Defrosting function. If frost forms, the air con-
ditioner will temporarily stop, and the defrosting circuit will
operate brieﬂ y (Max. 15 minutes).
During Automatic Defrosting operation, the OPERATION
Indicator Lamp (green) will ﬂ ash.
● After heating operation stops, if frost forms on the outdoor
unit, the unit will start Automatic Defrosting operation. At
this time, the outdoor unit will automatically stop after oper-
ating for a few minutes.
● If a power interruption occurs during TIMER operation, the tim-
er will be reset and the indoor unit will begin (or stop) operation
at the new time setting. In the event that this kind of timer fault
occurs, the TIMER Indicator Lamp will ﬂ ash (see page 4.).
● Use of other electrical appliances (electric shaver, etc.) or
nearby use of a wireless radio transmitter may cause the air
conditioner to malfunction. In this event, temporarily turn off
the circuit breaker, turn it on and then use the Remote Con-
troller to resume operation.
13 - 19