Before requesting service, perform the following checks:
Noise is heard:
Mist or steam is emitted:
Airﬂ ow is weak or stops:
Water is produced from
the outdoor unit:
In the event of a malfunction (burning smell, etc.), immediately stop operation, turn off the electrical
breaker and consult authorized service personnel.
Merely turning off the unit's power switch will not completely disconnect the unit from the power source.
Always be sure to turn off the electrical breaker to ensure that power is completely off.
● If the indoor unit is stopped and then immediately started again, the
compressor will not operate for about 3 minutes, in order to prevent
● Whenever the electrical breaker is turned off then on again the pro-
tection circuit will operate for about 3 minutes, preventing unit opera-
tion during that period.
● During operation or immediately after stopping the unit, the sound of
water ﬂ owing in the air conditioner's piping may be heard. Also, noise
may be particularly noticeable for about 2 to 3 minutes after starting
operation (sound of refrigerant ﬂ owing).
● During operation, a slight squeaking sound may be heard. This is the
result of minute expansion and contraction of the front panel due to
● During Heating operation, a sizzling sound may be heard occasional.
This sound is produced by the Automatic Defrosting operation.
● Some smell may be emitted from the indoor unit. This smell is the re-
sult of room smells (furniture, tobacco, etc.) which have been taken
into the indoor unit.
● During Cooling or Dry operation, a thin mist may be seen emitted
from the indoor unit. This results from the sudden Cooling of room air
by the cool air emitted from the indoor unit, resulting in condensation
● During Heating operation, the outdoor unit's fan may stop, and steam
may be seen rising from the unit. This is due to Automatic Defrosting
● When Heating operation is started, fan speed is temporarily very low,
to allow internal parts to warm up.
● During Heating operation, if the room temperature rises above the
temperature setting, the outdoor unit will stop, and the indoor unit will
operate at very low fan speed. If you wish to warm the room further,
set the temperature for a higher setting.
● During Heating operation, the indoor unit will temporarily stop opera-
tion (Max.15 minutes) as the Automatic Defrosting mode operates.
During Automatic Defrosting operation, the OPERATION Indicator
Lamp will ﬂ ash.
● During Dry mode, the indoor unit will operate at low speed; in order
to adjust room humidity, the indoor unit's fan may stop from time to
time. Also, the fan may operate at very low speed when adjusting
● During SUPER QUIET operation, the fan will operate at very low speed.
● In the monitor of AUTO operation, the fan will operate at very low
● During Heating operation, water may be produced from the outdoor
unit due to Automatic Defrosting operation.